[at-l] Trail Days

Coosa wrote awhile back:
> Has someone already posted this?

> http://www.traildays.nstemp.com/

> http://www.damascus.org has got it's Trail Days Calendar up and running.

> PS, note when they've scheduled the Hiker Talent Show.  I'm looking forward to reading your comments.

Yup, the Talent Show is on Sunday again this year. No one at Trail Days
last year could believe it was really going to be on Sunday instead of on
Saturday after the parade like it had always been before.

The natural result was a very small attendance compared to previous
years. My guess is it was moved in an attempt to encourage people to stay
in town through Sunday. I had been hoping it would go back to Saturday
this year, but they're sticking with it on Sunday again.

This year there are a couple of other good reasons to stay in town on
Sunday instead of leaving early Sunday morning. Though it doesn't show
up on the schedule yet, Bill Irwin (the first blind AT thruhiker) has been
booked to lead a service at the Rock Auditorium at 10 AM on Sunday.

Then at 1 PM, Takoma Tedd will perform a one-hour musical tribute to
Earl Shaffer in the Rock Auditorium. He'll be singing all the songs on his
new CD, "Songs of the Blue Ridge Runner," all of whose lyrics were authored
as poetry by Earl over the course of his life. It will be a multimedia
presentation, with slides depicting the imagery of the songs. Takoma will
conclude with his own song honoring Earl, "Crazy One," which will have
many slides showing Earl while he was hiking and attending hiker events.

It would be a terrible shame if everyone went home early on Sunday this
year and missed this show. If you're attending Trail Days, think about waiting
till after this show and the Talent Show to schedule your trip home.

(BTW, the CD is available online at http://www.earlshaffer.com .)

Spur
http://www.artofthetrail.com