[at-l] Sport (or not!)

Listen, old Sports, the following is a complete definition of "sport" from
the American Heritage Dictionary.  I prefer number 3 myself.  Although, some
would consider hiking more of a lifestyle (Baltimore Jack) or an obsession (Sly).
However, if water ballet and curling are considered "sport" by the Olympic
committee, then hiking, backpacking, etc., can sure fit in there somewhere.  No
offense to the water ballerinas and puck sweepers out there....

Hey! There's always the sports within the "sport" of hiking.....  You know?
Like the half gallon ice cream challenge and the sport of getting away from
that annoying person that always seems to wind up in the same shelter as you?
Now there's a couple of sports worthy of the summer Olympics.

Speaking of sports,
GoVols

PRONUNCIATION:  AUDIO: sp?rt, sprt     KEY
NOUN:   1a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs
and often engaged in competitively. b. A particular form of this activity.
2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a
set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
3. An active pastime; recreation.
4a. Mockery; jest: He made sport of his own looks. b. An object of mockery,
jest, or play: treated our interests as sport. c. A joking mood or attitude:
She made the remark in sport.
5a. One known for the manner of one's acceptance of rules, especially of a
game, or of a difficult situation: a poor sport. b. Informal One who accepts
rules or difficult situations well. c. Informal A pleasant companion: was a real
sport during the trip.
6. Informal a. A person who lives a jolly, extravagant life. b. A gambler at
sporting events.
7. Biology An organism that shows a marked change from the normal type or
parent stock, typically as a result of mutation.
8. Maine See summercater. See Regional Note at summercater.
9. Obsolete Amorous dalliance; lovemaking.