[at-l] Re: Sport (or not!)

>When the "Sports Pages" in the local paper has a column about fishing (non-competitive) a definition becomes clear that Hiking is also a sport.  When someone asks "What sports do you participate in?" Is not the answer, Hiking! or Sailing!  or Orienteering?  or Fly fishing?  and so on?<

Oddly, when I once called the Sports Dept. of the newspaper we were taking at the time (I think it was the Evansville, IN, paper) to find out why they were ignoring the Iditarod, I was told that it was news, not sports.  Figure that one out!  Just this year, I e-mailed the sports editor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch to ask about the Iditarod, and he still hasn't answered.  Thank goodness for the internet!

anklebear