[at-l] Baxter State Park History Question

I am hearing the echoes of Edward Abbey in all this ultra-elitist
hate-humans cant. I have no objections to wilderness areas, we have several
in Florida. However no one tries to keep people from carrying cellphones or
radios in those areas. The Rangers have radios and if really needed I'm sure
they would call in a life-flight helicopter for a rescue.

The AT corridor is completely incompatible with a true wilderness area and
if Maine wants Baxter to be such a wilderness then the AT should just be
rerouted around it. The AT is a federal, publically funded park, part of the
NPS and should not be made dangerous for use by the public.

Bryan

 Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis!