[at-l] Buffer around Baxter?

In a message dated 4/17/04 10:20:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ellen@clinic.net writes:

> >"...Please cite where a buffer banning motorized vehicles and large enough
> >prohibit the sounds of chain saws, feller bunchers, and the shifting gears
> and
> >jake brakes of logging trucks from being heard inside the Park has ever
> been
> >proposed before." asks TJ.
>
> I kind a doubt if it's being proposed now,

You were asked to cite a source backing up your claim that "Buffers around
Baxter are not a new idea." You failed. Now you're claiming something else, that
it's not being proposed. Evidently you didn't read the article you were so
quick to sneer at, or you'd know the proposal was made at the FOB meeting. You
fail again. A minor issue of honesty, but telling nonetheless.
A bit more importantly;
You were asked "is there a guarantee that logging will be banned from all
land preserved with the donations you are soliciting? And please, will you
identify the properties that are adjacent to the Trail corridor that are on the
market?"
And you failed to respond. Of the "tens of thousands of acres of other
western Maine mountains that abut the AT corridor," can you identify any that are on
the market?
Weary, what is it about your "land trust" that you are trying to hide?
I'd have to caution anyone considering sending a check blindly to Weary's
so-called "land trust" to wait until he comes clean about what lands (if any) are
being offered for sale and at what price, and how much of that land will
continue to be logged after its been purchased by the "land trust."
Weary, why can't you be straightforward about the "land trust" you're
shilling for? All that's being asked is that you give honest answers. Why is that so
hard for you to do?