[at-l] Baxter State Park History Question

I have got to admit a bit of confusion on this.

For all the talk of Baxter's desire to maintain the park as "forever wild",
didn't he also intend to have the property operate as a PARK?

Like many others on this list, I have stayed at a number of different sites
at Baxter-- from bunkhouses to primitive cabins to drive in campsites in
close company with strangers.  When were these built?  It had to have been a
while back, right?

Kidney Pond has cabins all around it, and has for years, right?  Is that
wilderness?  Probably not by most people's standards, but I wouldn't be
surprised if Baxter stayed there himself.   In comparison to the size of
that compound, a 4' x 4" solar pannel is not much to notice, IMHO.  Then
there are the drive in sites.  WIlderness?  Who knows, I got some great
Northern Lights at Neowhatsits Fieild one night, even though I was only 5
feet from my car.  I am not sure Baxter would have disapproved.  Thoughts?
Do you think that site and Trout Brook and all the rest were built after he
died?

And that's the real thrust of my post.  Didn't Baxter intend this place to
be a park?

Rick B