[at-l] Kudzu---

In a message dated 4/9/2004 11:54:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bradleybishop@sbcglobal.net writes:
How much protein are we talking about? Any idea how it tastes? Could be
a great trail supplement..
Excellent question.  It's been a long time but as I recall it was an
extraction process like soy beans are now (just ahead of it's time).

Black&blue

>From the following webpage:
http://www.backyardnature.net/n/03/030330.htm

"KUDZU NOODLES, KUDZU PAPER, KUDZU TEA...
A while back Juanitta Baldwin of Kodak, Tennessee wrote asking if in a book
she was writing she could use one of my pictures posted on the Internet. Her
book was about Kudzu and my picture featured a Kudzu flower. This week Juanitta
sent me a complementary copy of her new book, and it's been fascinating
reading what people can do with Kudzu.
I knew that Kudzu produces large, edible roots, and I was tickled that
Juanitta was honest enough to admit how hard it is to dig those things, and even
harder to prepare them. But you can do other things with Kudzu.
For instance, you can make Kudzu tea, jelly, vinegar, syrup and wine from the
flowers, and these should be delicious because the flowers smell a lot like
grape juice. Cattle, donkeys, pigs and goats thrive eating Kudzu vines. Hay
made of Kudzu contains 12 to 15% protein. Nutritious noodles can be made from
Kudzu root-powder, which sells for about $30/pound. A tough, beautiful cloth and
a delicate paper costing $3/sheet can be made from fibers extracted from Kudzu
vines, and sturdy baskets can be woven from Kudzu vine stems."