From: <DTimm65344@aol.com>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 9:28 PM
Subject: [at-l] Two questions for the list - VA - Punchbowl to Tye River

Just completed two days and 30 miles from Punchbowl Mt to Fish Hatchery Road
in VA (long but fun).

First question.  Tuesday night we stayed at Brown Mountain shelter with a
Richmond scout master and his eagle scout son.  The son wants to do a
project replacing the Priest Shelter roof (which it apparently needs).
Problem is he can't find the right trail maintainer folks to send a
requisite letter to the scouts once the project is completed (which is a
requirement).  He has spoken to folks who have no problem with the project
but can't seem to find somebody willing to acknowledge it once done.
Anybody on the list involved with that section of VA who can help?

Second question.  Last night at Seely Woodworth shelter, we sheltered with a
thru hiker from a few years back named "Sparrowhawk".  He's from Waynesboro
and I think he said he did the trail in 1999.  During dinner prep, my
brother decided to pour scalding water on his foot and second degree burn it
(his trail name is now "hot foot").  Sparrowhawk had a better first aid kit
than me and gave us what we needed to dress the wound so we could hike out
to the doctor this morning.  I want to replace the stuff he gave us.  He
listed the name Ray Ward in the register and he drives a red Mazda with VA
plate HIKER, if that helps place him.  If anybody can give me contact info,
I'd appreciate it.  If not, I'll try ATC.

Thanks.

Black&blue