[at-l] [Fwd: RATC: Shelter workhike this Saturday]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RATC: Shelter workhike this Saturday
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 10:02:52 -0400
From:  David A Cheslow Ph.D. <dcheslow@rev.net>
To:  Chase  Davidson  <wb4pan@mindspring.com>

Wow! Has it been a whole month already?

The shelter workhike this Saturday, April 10, will be to Lamberts
Meadow Shelter to start construction of a new, composting outhouse.
We may or may not complete the project this weekend.  The biggest job
will be carrying in the materials.  The original outhouse was made of
plywood and it has aged poorly... there's not anything substantial
that can be salvaged.

That means we need to carry in a LOT of materials.  Does anyone know a
troop of scouts that might help?  Many hands would definitely lighten
this work.  We need LOTS and LOTS of people.  One person can make one
trip in less than 2 hours.

We have access across private property to make the hike less than one
mile, all downhill except a short grueling climb to the AT.  We want
to minimize the inconvenience for the landowners, so we'll meet at the
Daleville commuter parking lot (next to the Exxon on RT 220 NW of RT
81) at 8AM on Saturday.  We'll carpool from there.

As always, it would be a good idea to call or email Jonathan Reed
(ratc_shelter@yahoo.com, 540-265-4782) or me (david@cheslow.net,
540-353-2611) and tell us you are coming.  Plans have a way of
changing at the last minute.

Again, this is not hard work - just carrying stuff... but we need LOTS
of people to get the job done.  A couple hours of your time will make
a big difference.  Thanks in advance.

=dave=