[at-l] Gear Questions - Goretex

From: Mark Hudson <hudsom@us.ibm.com>
Subject: [at-l] Gear Question - Goretex

Given the vast amount of experience on this list I thought I'd
bring this question up...

I have a goretex jacket, too heavy for hiking but just fine for
skiing. The problem is that the surface (DNR?) is no longer
water repellent. I've tried both Revive-X an Nik-wax with no or
little apparent difference (of course I followed the
directions). I'm hoping someone out there has a suggestion...

### My suggestion? Give up.
Sorry Skeets. I will certainly read with interest *and*
excitment if someone reports success with one of these spray-on
DWR thingies, but I've tried a variety (3-4 different types, 6-8
cans' worth?) of them since '98, on two ply Goretex, 60/40
cloth, nylon taffeta/urethane (other side, yes), nylon duck,
etc.

I have *never* seen a difference.

Phooey.
Phooetoe