[at-l] Winter gets another chance in the South

In a message dated 3/31/2004 8:01:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hudsom@us.ibm.com writes:

Can't say I've been keeping up with the southern weather reports, how are
the thru-hikers making out weather-wise? I'm sure if there had been
anything particularly nasty it would have been mentioned, but right now I
don't even have a general idea what they're dealing with... "normal" March
conditions?
*********
Hmmm.... Normal March weather lately was Warm and sunny.
March 25 - March 29 was mid 70's during the day, with mid 40's at night.
At Springer on the 25th the sky was crisp, and the stars were amazing,
as were the planets all in a line. At the Hawk Mt shelter, there was a great
fall out from the sky. Well, OK, it was a great day, and a great night, but a
bird crapped on my head at the picnic table. (This is good luck, right?).
At Gooch Gap (Where they finally tore down the old shelter and privy), it
was an amazing sunny day to read a book and relax, followed by a great
night in the 40's. A front came thru Sunday night and cooled us off at
Woods Hole shelter (before Blood Mt). One of the Thruhikers was
cowboy camping and said that for a second, he felt flurries, before
it turned to mist. On the way over Blood, the sun came back out, but it was
a hazy day. Still a great day to be on Blood Mt checking out the view. Then
on
to Neels gap to relax in the sun, and shuttle a few people, while the
Thruhikers
relaxed, resupplied, and shipped lots of gear home.

People I saw on the trail (Springer to Neels)

Thruhikers
High Trailer
Tree Frog
One leg and Cricket (and his deaf hiking partner)

Yes there were 3 Sean's....
Flippy (Sean)
Sean
Sean (ex army)
"Willie Make it"
Allison
Arms (and his guitar)
Sharon & Jack (dog)
Lindsey & Matt (Brit)
Hugs and Patches (Brit)
General and ?  (Brit)
Old Man and Navigator
Newt
Packrat

Other hikers (section or other)
Hotdog
Swallowtail
Debbie
Damascus dave (his friend was starting a thru)
Vocal
Spiderman (03)
SWIFT (03)
Pot holder (03?)
Smasher
Squirrel master
Chris

Saw Josh from the new hiker hostel by Woody Gap

Hotdog
AT 03
Springer to Neels Gap 04 (and as much more as I can do this year)