[at-l] trailjournals

Well, while the at-l was down, I finally got my own trailjournal set up
for this summer's Long Trail hike.  It won't be visible yet, because
I've only done one entry, but it was really much more fun to get it
going than I had thought it would be.

I've also agreed to transcribe a journal for a friend - littlefish.
She's on a limited time schedule (on a sabbatical) so this will be a
long section hike - doing Springer to Elk Park, NC, then be off trail
for about 10 days, putting back on to do Kent, CT to Katahdin.  She
starts April 4.

And I've spent time planning a section hike for myself in late April -
will be down in VA for about 5 days of trail time.

Today, I stood outside in the 60 degree weather, knee deep in snow,
working at limbing a large red spruce that almost fell on my house
during some very heavy winds this winter.  I'm thinking about turning in
my axe and buying a chain saw.  It really is a very big tree.  But
swinging the axe felt very very good today.

life is good.

suzie