[at-l] New Maine A.T. Guide Available

I've just received my copy today, wicked nice job by the MATC! Ray "Walkin
Home" Ronan is the editor, and he told me he'd cut out some of the 'how to hike'
stuff, moved the A.T. info up front, improved the maps, and he was really
happy with the Bill Silliker cover photo. After seeing it, I can see why he was
excited about the cover - absolutely beautiful! He said all the guidebook
editing info is digitalized now to make updates and tweaks a "snap" later on. I've
been comparing my old 88 and 96 maps to the new set - looks like they have all
the new roads, lots of side trail has been added, all the relos are noted -
very nicely done!

Here how the announcement looked on the ATC page the other day:

The hardy souls of the Maine A.T. Club (MATC) "celebrated" the end of winter
and dawn of spring the A.T. way ? as volunteers assembling the latest edition
of the Appalachian Trail Guide to Maine, last updated almost eight years ago.
More than 9,650 sets of the book and seven maps were put together and boxed
between Thursday and Sunday. The first boxes arrived in Harpers Ferry Monday,
with shipments beginning Tuesday to those who placed advance orders. Get your
copy today from the Ultimate A.T Store.?

http://www.atctrailstore.org/catalog/iteminfo.cfm?itemid=1&compid=1