[at-l] New Mexico trip journal due next week - stay tuned...

Hi all,

I'm back from New Mexico where I celebrated the fifth (can you believe it?)
anniversary of the start of my AT thruhike.  Tomorrow, I head to Virginia
for the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association spring meeting.

When I return, I plan to get my trip journal on line within a week or two.
Internet access was not readily available in NM so I wasn't able to keep my
mailing list up to date.

Here's a quick list of all those places I managed to see or pass through
while there:

Albuquerque
Cibola NF
Sante Fe
Bandelier NM
Los Alamos
Sante Fe NF
Valles Caldera
Jemez Pueblo
Cuba
Chaco Culture NHP
Navajo Indian Reservation
Canyon de Chelly NM
Hubble Trading Post NHS
Petrified Forest NP
Zuni Indian Reservation
El Morro NM
El Malpais NM
Acoma Indian Reservation
Gila NF
Gila Cliff Dwellings NM
White Sands NM
Lincoln NF

NF = National Forest
NM = National Monument
NHS = National Historic Site
NHP = National Historic Park

I also spent quite some time with Salt and Pepper, PCT section hikers.  I
met them in Bandelier and we traveled to Chaco and Canyon de Chelly
together.

Not being directly AT or PCT related, I'll restrict my journal mailings to
my TravelsAndTrails group.  Feel free to join this very low volume list at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TravelsAndTrails or by sending email to
TravelsAndTrails-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.  I will eventually also be
updating my web site to include this journal assuming the
friends.backcountry.net site comes back up.  I haven't been on the
backcountry lists over the last couple of weeks so I'm hoping it's just down
temporarily for maintenance.

Mara

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? FREE