[at-l] Forest Service Fee Parking Lots

Bryan wrote:
>The last time we renewed our annual np pass out at Death Valley the ranger
>said that the Golden Eagle was not worth buying in his opinion. But that
>would depend on your local circumstances I suppose.

That depends on how often you use it.  We used the Golden Eagle for about 5
years.  The price went from $10 to $50 per year over that time. Don't know
what it is now.   But we also used it.  We spend considerable time in the
Shenandoah, Prince William, Catoctin and Greenbelt Parks - and used them in
a lot of other places.  We got our money's worth out of them.

Then I got the Golden Age card - $10, lifetime use - and we saved that much
in entry fees in the first 10 days.  Last weekend we were at Harpers Ferry
and the parking lot that used to be free is now a "fee-parking" lot, but the
Golden Age was accepted.  Gotta love it.

I've just never had occasion to try it at a Forest Service facility.  But as
Chainsaw pointed out - that was a new thing as of April 2003 so I'm sure
I'll find out.

Walk softly,
Jim