[at-l] Re: OT Dream car economy WAS Turbine Car WAS Cell tower in Yellowstone?

At 07:50 AM 3/20/2004 -0500, Coosa wrote:
>Thank you for that url.  I'm sending it to my brother (Computer Consultant
>Geek) and my father (retired Westinghouse Engineer who turned 81 on the
>18th) who were with me that day and saw the car.
>
>I drive a 1995 Ford Escort with 206,000+ miles on the Original Engine,
>Transmission, Clutch, Air Conditioning system and I STILL get 40 MPG on
>the Highway. (36-39 in the Mountains)
>
>I dream that one day an inexpensive (under $15,000) vehicle that gets 50
>to 100 MPG will be a reality.

50 is possible from a gas-only vehicle, 100 is not. The amount of energy in
a gallon of gas is not sufficient to power a 2 (or more) person vehicle 100
miles. The maximum figure I read a while back (under ideal conditions) was
80. The Honda CRX had an economy version that got 55 mph on the highway.
Not much pep though.