[at-l] Off AT Topic -- "i" blazes on some other trails

> What I didn't like in NY was the sections of trail that
> shared the same path
> where the blazes were on different trees.  One second you
> knew you were on the
> AT and another thought you were on the Long Path.  There was
> another, perhaps
> the Ramapo-Dunberberg Trail.  What I'd like to see in these
> sections is to
> have all the blazes on one tree, so you'd know exactly what
> was going on.

Our maintainers guide says exactly what you want. On cojoint trails all
blazes go on one tree, and with a pecking order, AT on top, then LP then
others. Single blazes not allowed. So someone is doing it wrong. If reported
we tell the maintainers to fix it. There are some exceptions to this. In the
Catskills, the Long Path is almost always on other DEC trails and is only
marked at junctions.

The LP and AT cross in Harriman but are not cojoint anywhere.

---