[at-l] Off AT Topic -- "i" blazes on some other trails

In a message dated 3/19/2004 1:29:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hudsom@us.ibm.com writes:

> I won't embarass myself by telling you how long it took me to figure out
> the blazing on the JMT. It's an "i" going south, and if you turn around and
> check a northbound blaze it's a "!". (it may be vice-versa, it's been a
> while).

Really?

I hiked thousands of "i" blaze miles and never realized that!   Didn't pay
much attention either.  I knew I was on "a" trail, but not necessarily the right
trail.  Several times I knew I wasn't on the right "i" blazed trail, but kept
hiking anyway to check it out, bushwhacking back to trail proper.  Fun!

Sly