[at-l] Enhancing the AT Blaze

Someone sent me an off-list message complaining about my disparaging
tradition, or rather disparaging the tradition of the white blaze.

That was not my intent.

I have been part of enough volunteer organizations (extending well beyond
the trail community) to know that you can elect all the
officers/representatives you want; hold tons of plenary sessions, which
adopt resolutions, rules, etc; hire paid staff, who study and publish all
kinds of stuff; bolster your position with official Government mandates, but
until educational efforts develops consensus for change throughout the
membership of organization, "tradition" rules and those who think that they
are "in power" and move beyond tradition and consensus, do so at their
peril, or with risk to the very organization, itself.

So, to the contrary I was agreeing that the tradition of the white blaze is
well ingrained and, IMHO, it will take a lot of education to develop a
consensus that something else is better.

Chainsaw