[at-l] Too much gear?!

In a message dated 3/17/04 01:49:09 Eastern Standard Time,
camojack@comcast.net writes:

> Once I finish building this addition I've been working on for almost 2
> years, I can redistribute my chattel...and free up the garage to BE a garage.
> (2 years of the occasional weekend...working by myself, mostly. Almost done!)

I got to thinking about "Gear Storage" and wonder: Where do people keep their
gear?
Sports and Hobbies do require space.

I live in a small apartment in a big city and there is little extra room for
anything like Backpacking equipment.  Fortunately, in the month preceding my
planned Thru my friend has not complained (too much) about the spreading area
of accumulated gear.  During the normal course of a year when there is not the
gathering of gear most of my Backpacking and Camping equipment is kept in a
Storage Bin (Public Storage, Affordable Self Storage, Manhattan Mini Storage,
etc.).  When I lived in a house there was the "corner" of the basement where my
camping gear lived.

If everyone in a house or apartment are in agreement then the "problem" of
accumulated gear is diminished but if there is usually a disagreement about the
time involved or the space that is taken up with a sport/hobby the fur can get
ruffled if not fly.

Skylander