[at-l] Vitamin I and...?

Kelly wonders about some recommendation for ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Vit I
et al) with another NSAID.

NO! Don't use two NSAIDs without medical supervision as you increase risk
of GI bleed and other problems. Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be used
additionally, but can result in liver injury if used to excess (generally
more than 6-8 tabs daily). Opiates are great for pain along with a number
of NSAIDs or Tylenol, but again require some knowledge and supervision.

If I were going on a long distance hike in a few days, I'd pack Aleve
(Naprosyn) or similar long acting NSAID. I'd also pack a bottle of "baby
aspirin." If I actually used them, I'd be real careful to be liberal with
hydration to avoid kidney injury. I do not like Vitamin I due to short
action, blocking of aspirin's platelet benefits, increased risk of kidney
injury and I am a milligram-weenie. Roughly 600 mg of Aleve will do the
work of 2400 mg Motrin.

Good luck on your way to Springer and points North.

OrangeBug