[at-l] What was his Trail Name?

Saunterer wrote:
>At 10:59 AM 3/14/2004 -0500, Coosa wrote:
>>Leonard Adkins -- who was he and when did he hike?
>
>AKA Habitual Hiker. I can't see where he makes any claim to thru-hiker
>status for any particular year. It appears that he was/is a section-hiker
>albeit large sections (900 miles or more at time).

Interesting - not to pick on you, Jim, but .....

Leonard is listed as having hiked the AT 4 times - the last AT completion
was in 98 (as a section hiker).  But two of those hikes were thruhikes - and
I know he's done at least one other thru since then.  He's also thruhiked
the Canadian Continental Divide Trail (CCDT),  Long Trail, Continental
Divide Trail (CDT), Pacific Northwest Trail and Pyrenees High Route - among
others. There are others but he stopped listing a lot of his resume about 5
years ago so I won't get into those.  And he probably hikes at least as many
miles each year as I do.  In addition to being active in the clubs, trail
maintenance - and writing trail books.

Walk softly,
Jim

Find things fast with the new MSN Toolbar ? includes FREE pop-up blocking!