[at-l] Gutsy's out there for a week

Dan is out to make me even more jealous, as he
recounts that Gutsy is out for a walk. He anticipates
that a "real time" journal of the stay at home spouse
would be sad and boring.

What makes blogs and journals appealing is dramatic
tension. Dan and Gutsy have been through this, and
have found their compromises and methods. This fact
alone might make his stay at home journal mundane.

Alas, it is not alway so. For many, a long walk is a
transition - more of a walk away from problems than a
walk that underscores successful relationships.
Hopefully, it is more of a liberating interlude for
most relationships. There is dramatic tension in how
liberation can strengthen a relationship.

Two years ago, the real time journal of a stay at home
support was a tragedy on the surface, but liberation
once she got a bit deeper. Other journals have dealt
with the problems of hikers and their infrequent
contact with supports. In the real world, we've seen
similar problems among soldiers and their families.
This is a journey for both support and hiker.

I must admit, as a psychiatrist, I am a voyeur of
relationships. Yet like a good NASCAR fan, I enjoy a
good race, not a spectacular crash.

Gutsy and Dan are a good race. Maybe his story
wouldn't be sad and boring at all...

Bill...