[at-l] Had to share...

Even with good shoes and socks, my toes become tender after going down steep
downhills.  In my dance days (long ago) there were various toe padding
options for pointe shoes.  I was thinking about this the other day; seemed
like a good place to go for help since ballerinas are notoriously hard on
their feet, so I went to my local dance supply store to see what was
available now and bought a pair of these:

http://tinyurl.com/yqrtn

They're a gel half disk (like a taco) covered in beige stretchy fabric that
fits over your toes and forefoot.  Even with my 4E (really wide) feet they
fit nicely, no tightness or pulling.  Contrary to the site, they're neither
pink nor only for women.  :)  I did a short but steep hike with my pack
today to test them out and all I can say is WOW.  It wasn't a long hike but
I'm really pleased with the results and plan to wear them on my thruhike
with a spare pair thrown in my bounce box.  One pair weighs just over an
ounce.

Kelly Whitman
iN*TP*
"There ARE no other women like me."  -- 7 of 9

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? download MSN Toolbar now!