[at-l] Tomorrow..... is now Today

Frank Looper wrote:
>I've unpacked and repacked too many times in the last few months,
>lightening
>as I go, but today, it's for real. Lost ounces have sometimes been easy to
>find, and sometimes expensive, but I'll find that it's worth it when I'm
>carrying my house for six months, I'm almost certain.

Frank -
I promise - you'll be happy to have left all those "lost ounces" at home <G>

>Between the SORUCK and this list, I've made some really good friends. Some
>of you, I may see on the trail. Some of you, I may never meet. Either way,
>thanks. Thanks for being there, thanks for lots of things that I just can't
>put into words, but really, thanks for just accepting me.

I think you'll find that acceptance on the Trail will be even easier.
You'll be a "real" hiker - and that's what it takes out there.

>Anyway, no sad goodbyes, really, just wistful, and I hope to see y'all soon
>(but not too soon!).

Six months, Frank - it's a lifetime -and at the same time, it's much too
short.  When my kids dropped me in Georgia, they told me they wouldn't come
out to pick me up until I was in Maine.  And they didn't.  As you said - not
too soon.  <G>

I'm not sure you realize how much some of us want you to stand on Katahdin
and cry because it's finished - and cry because it's finished.  Those who
have been there will know what I mean.  And I want you to know what I mean.
So - with that in mind - I'm gonna wish you an "interesting" trip.  Although
I won't explain again all that that means.  But it does mean that I (and
many others here)wish you the best.

Walk softly - and longly,
Jim

PS - Don't get too hung up on the wrong way thing.  Most of those who've
spent any real time on-trail have done something very much like that - or
worse.  <G>

Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral.
http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx