[at-l] Re: Modern Devices, etc./ correction

>"...You advocate a submissive position allowing the AMC and the lumber folks
>have what ever they want so long as they claim to be 'preserving' the north
>woods. That's only a political reality if you allow it to be. Baldacci's never
>seen a forest yet that wasn't just an economic resource needing to be
>developed. He's pro-bear baiting, pro-windmills, pro-lumber, and anti-Quimbly.
>Hardly the 'enviormentalist dream' you want others to see him as."

Ah. TJ. In the interest of avoiding boredom on the list, it might be helpful if
you would quote my words, not what you think those words mean. Literary analysis
does not seem to be your strong point.

 You do seem to have a thing for being the first to announce decisions that
 impact the AT. Sometimes, that is very helpful. I appreciated, for instance,
 your report today on what Baxter park officials are planning for next year.
 Those are issues I rarely have time to investigate. You have helped me many
 times with your investigations of such matters.

 Sometimes, however, your desire to be first with information is less than
 helpful. For instance, your claim that AMC was planning a paved road from
 Brownville to Greenville, Highland Center sized developments at Little Lyford
 Pond, and similar absurd projects. I'M sorry that I can't list them all. I saw
 it. I deleted it, unfortunately, on the assumption that everyone would
 recognize the absurdity. That obviously, didn't happen. I should have known
 better.

 But, let, bygones be bygones. In the three or four months since your
 announcements of dire AMC damage to the trail in Maine, nothing detrimental has
 happened. Nothing detrimental in my experience has even been talked about. I
 kknow, because, TJ, you convinced me to invite myself to the planning meetings.
 And since (as you wisely make a point of noting) I am an "award winning" member
 of AMC, they could hardly keep me away.

 But, TJ, you should know that I am a bit upset with your claims about AMC's
 elaborate plans for the property. After spending two eight-hour days listening
 to humdrum discussions, I tend to think that AMC is still trying to figure out
 what they are going to do with these lands.

 TJ. Do you really think AMC is just going through these elaborate exercises to
 fool me about their destructive plans? And, if so, for whatever reason?

 If you think it helpful, I'll certainly continue to attend these meetings. But
 please, if in your continuing investigative reporting activities, you discover
 that you may have been wrong, please let me know. I have a lot of other
 important things I'd like to do. But be a assured that nothing I do is  more
 important than the Appalachian Trail.

 Weary