[at-l] Question (repair Kit & pad)---

Rick,

Reference your post, dated 3-11-04.  I haven?t received the post to whch you
responded, so I may be off point, but ...

I have a storage shed which holds several self-inflating ground pads - -
they all leak.  I know, I know, somebody or other will replace them for
free.  It?s less aggravating, for me, to throw them out, except I can?t
bring myself to just throw them away.

I also have a very thick full length Thermarest pad - - I suspect it?s the 1
½ inch model - - which weighs too much for me to take backpacking.  It is so
comfortable, however, that when I sleep outside - - which I love to do when
it?s very cold and windy - - that is the pad I take.  AND it doesn?t
inflate.  Uninflated, it is still the most comfortable pad I?ve ever used.

To counter still another post, and respond to a preceding question, the full
thickness pad will serve you well sleeping on the ground as well as in a
shelter.  When it rains - - and I use a tarp - - water simply runs AROUND my
ground pad.  As long as my sleeping bag is completely on top of the pad, it
remains dry.

Steve

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? download MSN Toolbar now!