[at-l] OKAY KILLINGTON VT or NH ?????

In a message dated 3/10/04 2:36:27 PM, ellen@clinic.net writes:

> The yuppie condo owners around the ski resort objected to paying to educate
> kids
> in poorer communities. Since New Hampshire doesn't have such a law,
> Killington
> folks voted to join New Hampshire in hopes of lowering their taxes, the hell
> with those poor kids.

That's where Killington is wrong.   NH does have such a law.   I know because
I live in a doner town.   We pay a large share of the education funding for
the state and get a very small portion of that back for our local schools.
Most of the homes in my town are vacation cottages owned by people from Mass.
The owners are supporting the schools throughout the state but cannot send
their own children to these schools.

                Art