[at-l] Question---

Today, dividend and 20% coupon in hand, I made a foray into REI to get a new sleeping pad.  I had intended to get the Therm-a-Rest Prolite 3, which is 1lb, 3 or 4 oz, depending on what source you use, and 1" thick all blown up.  I let the guy talk me into getting the Prolite 4, which is 1 lb, 8 oz. and 1?" thick when ready for use.  It took very little talking on his part to make me cave in.

Do you think the difference in sleeping comfort is worth the difference in weight?  Is this ?" going to make an appreciable difference in sleeping comfort?  I've always used a Ridge Rest, and I don't know what I'm getting into here.  Do I need to carry the repair kit with me when I'm hiking?  Maybe I should study my signature line more and not sweat the small stuff.  <G>

Thanks.

anklebear

"You don't have to know anything about the outdoors to hike the A.T.  It's sort of idiot proof."   Emiko Fergusson