[at-l] hiker/food poetry

JimO writted:

But - your point about the sugar -- and this is 'my' thought
process - not meant to be an argument --  a foil pack of Koolaid
(with sugar) weighs 4 oz and provides a total of 2 qts of
Koolaid containing 480 calories and some Vitamin C.
- a foil pack of sugarfree Koolaid weighs 0.4 oz, provides 2 qts
of Koolaid, zero calories and some Vitamin C.

Which then leaves me a 3.6 oz weight difference that I prefer to
fill with a couple chocolate bars (1.5 oz each) which provide
460 calories.  I give up 20 calories on the exchange - but I
gain 0.6 oz, minor amounts of fiber, protein and carbs - and a
more even energy distribution because some of the calories are
in sugars (fast energy) and some are in fats (long term energy).
 And I don't get the dread "sugar crash" that mainlining sugar
gives.

~~~~~~~
Toeth respondetheth:
"That's {sniff} beautiful, Jim." {wipes tear from eye}

Tradeofftoe