[at-l] Re: Modern Devices, etc.

In a message dated 3/9/04 13:28:01 Eastern Standard Time, daveh@psknet.com
writes:

> As always, YMMV and we are all free to have our humble opinions, but please
> don't tell me what should be part of "every" hikers load, values, etc.

It seems that the above quote is a bit inconsistent.  If I am free to have my
opinion and my opinion is that a cell phone should be a part of everyone's
first aid kit then. of course, you are free to have another opinion but mine is
still mine.  In any case, I will do what I will do and you can do what you
want to do.

As far as April goes, she can do what she wants.  If she feels better
bringing a cell phone for whatever reason (to alleviate the fear that her mother has)
then she has her right to do so.

As for me, I am bringing my cell phone to communicate with friends and
family.  If a first aid instance requires outside help then it will be handy.

Just 21 more days before I leave NYC for the Georgia countryside.

Skylander