[at-l] Tarp/Floorless Tent Question

Be aware that if you are a very cold sleeper and will be hiking outside of
pleasant weather a hammock might not be the way you want to go.  Unless you
want to carry a lot of additional weight and gear it's nearly impossible to
get comfortable - IMO as a cold sleeper.  I've been using a Hennessy for a
while and while I was excited about it at first, it turned into a
disappointment.  In a 15F bag with a silk liner, silk long underwear, a
fleece pullover, tights, a fleece hat and fleece booties, a down blanket
over the bag, and three pads underneath me, when the temp dropped below 35F
there was no way I could sleep.  I'm a cold sleeper but not THAT cold.
Maybe a full length down underquilt with 4" loft would help.  Maybe.  I
can't sleep on the ground anymore so I'll have to make do.   Whatever you
decide, make sure you test your sleep system in all kinds of weather.

Kelly Whitman
iN*TP*
"There ARE no other women like me."  -- 7 of 9