[at-l] Speaking of dogs...

I haven't brought out any suitcases but food and boxes have been piling up
for a while, and it's possible she has picked up on words like "flight,"
"airplane," etc., I suppose.  She was upset for about two weeks before I
went home for two months, too, and I don't know how she figured that out.  I
didn't have food and boxes all over the place for that, the suitcase didn't
come out until the night before, and I drove home, so there was no mention
of flying.  Maybe she picked up on changes in my mannerism, attitude,
spirit, emotions.  I think she's just very intuitive.  Maybe that is part of
what makes English springers good hunting dogs.

Kelly Whitman
iN*TP*
-----------
"There ARE no other women like me."  -- 7 of 9

>> > My roommate's English Springer spaniel figured out about two weeks ago
>>that
>> > I'm leaving.
>>
>>How did the dog figure it out?  My two have no clue.
>
>My dogs know when I start doing things that signal "going away for a long
>time", I.E. get the suitcases out. When they see one suitcase it means I'll
>be gone at least overnight. If I get out 2 they know we are both going away
>and they are about to spend some time in the kennel.
>
>Dogs are able to figure things out from changes in the pattern of your
>behavior. If you are doing things that resulted in your extended absence in
>the past they will recognize those behaviors in the future.

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? download MSN Toolbar now!