FW: [at-l] Re: Modern Devices, etc.

>If you use your cell phone during town stops, why don't you just use a
>phone
>card at a pay phone instead??  It could be cheaper too.  10-10-987 is
also
>very, very cheap.

I've thought of this option, and the option of calling collect, and
using someone's phone in town... the truth is, my phone has nationwide
service with nights and weekends free.  If I promise my mother a 30
minute phone call every Sunday, then it costs me nothing extra, costs my
parents nothing extra, and inconveniences no one else as long as I'm not
rude about when and where I use it.

My cell service also has a "pocket email" product that works on the cell
network.  I'm considering getting one of those and bringing it along
instead of the cell because it has cell phone capabilities should I need
them, but it would allow me to sit down and compose an email to my
parents without the sounds of technology bothering anyone, and without
me having to actually talk to them *grins* it would also allow me to
send home emails in the form of a trail journal so that I didn't risk
losing my journal at some point.

April