[at-l] okay, someone...

In a message dated 3/8/04 12:30:13 Eastern Standard Time, ellen@clinic.net
writes:

> Though some of us think sharp-pointed hiking poles result in erosion of
> trails,
> all I'm suggesting in this post is that what is new and faddish in hiking
> circles is not necessarily the best.

There are varied opinions regarding the use of hiking poles of all kinds.  I
like the two metal poles but use rubber tips for their grip on rocks, etc.,
but to each his own.  In Europe the hikers in the Swiss Alps (and other Alps as
well) use the two pole method.  Perhaps it is because they ski and don't want
to lose the expertise of using ski poles over the summer months.

I find that the two pole method is a great help to my knees.

Skylander