[at-l] Packing Light

You are correct regarding REI and Backpacker Magazine.
I'm a bit leary of REI given the hit and miss quality
of clerks around Atlanta, especially when we have
several other gear shops with hikers and others with
better experience.

I've quit getting Backpacker. I've noticed their late
entry into light weight hiking gear. I've perceived a
preference for advertisers on their "Best of"
selections. Their articles make my arm itch.

BTW, some may notice that I am in a foul mood. MRI was
completed Thursday - fragmented L5-S1 disc with
extrusion and pressure on right S1 root, along with
moderate to severe arthritis in my back. I can't do
tippy toes. I can't sit or stand for long. I visit my
friend the neurosurgeon later this week.

Maybe knitting would be a good sport.

Bill...