From: hopefl@juno.com [mailto:hopefl@juno.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 11:07 AM
To: ladykitty@sbcglobal.net
Subject: light weight packing

Hello April. Welcome to the AT-List. I've been off the list for awhile
and one of the list friends told me you had some questions. I thru hiked
last year so he thought I might be able to help. Anyway, I have a list
of webpages that you may find interesting and helpful. I'll list them
below.

Later today or tonight I'll send you my gear list from the thru hike.
Right now my wife and I are getting a birthday dinner together for our
middle son. Tomorrow is his 29th birthday but it easiest for all our
family to be together today. So, I'll send more info later when I have
time to retrieve it.

Again, welcome to the List. Hopeful

					Internet hiking info

1.http://www.garlington.biz/Ray/WoodGasStove/index.htm
instructions for making a wood burning stove

2.  http://www.pcthiker.com/pages/gear/pepsistove.shtml
instructions for making a softdrink can stove, my personal choice of
stoves

3.  http://members.tripod.com/halbertri/
this is a multi use page with info and connections to other sites.

4.http://www.redcross.org/services/disaster/0,1082,0_563_,00.html
discussion for using bleach for treating water

5.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0971859442/qid=1073092457/
sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/102-7542253-9055303?v=glance&s=books

this is a book by Ed Speers, Hammock Camp.

6.http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0394420004/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-7542253-9
055303#reader-link

this book is by Colin Fletcher. In my opinion it is the single best
volume dealing with the subject of backpacking. It is easy to
understand, humorous and encyclopedic in scope. I have a copy and I
always recommend this book to anyone starting out.

7.  http://www.backpacking.net/makegear/tarptent/

ultra light tent, home made

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!