[at-l] Reservations question was re:ankle report

Hey Squeaky,

One of the first things you figure out while you're on the trail is that...

There's nothing worth worrying about.  Things will always work out.

There's no need to be terrified of anything.  Thruhikers rarely go a day
without crossing one or more roads.  There are stores, outfitters,
telephones, and mail order to take care of any changes that might be
necessary along the way.  Forget your lighter?  Others will help out for a
couple of days until you get to the next Mom & Pop shop.  Run out of
Vitamin-I (ibuprofen)?  Others will help out.  The same works in reverse,
too.  This is not a remote, wilderness, deserted trail.

The only real bugaboos hiding out in corners are the mice in the shelters
that the thruhikers get used to.  Just leave running room along the sides,
back, and even front of the shelter to give them some running room.  Failure
to do that means they have to get past whatever obstacles you put in their
way.  If that means your face, well, they don't mind.  ;-)  Of course, that
means you'll have to get used to the odd sensation of fuzzy/scratchy things
running over your face at night.  LOL

Oh...  and hikers shouldn't forget to shake out their shoes in the AM in
case there's a mouse nest, nut stash, or the products thereof inside.

Happy Hiking (and supporting)!

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor