[at-l] AT ANON...

"hello, my name is clyde and i am an appalachian trail hiker."

"hello clyde."
"hi clyde."
"WHATEVER."

"it has been over a year since i set foot on the appalachian trail, and
it may be another year again."

"hang in there clyde."
"it'll get better clyde."
"GET YOUR STINKIN' PRIORITIES STRAIGHT CLYDE!!!"

"but i have to provide for my family, my daughters, my dog.  i have
responsiblities.  i run a business."

"you're doin' the right thing clyde."
"you'll hike again someday clyde."
"SELL YOUR STINKIN' BUSINESS CLYDE!!!"

"but, but, but..."

clyde came to the SORUCK this year.  i had not seen him since '00
(maybe '01), when he and I and a few others hiked some miles in
georgia.  at the RUCK, he told me that he had not had a day off in at
least a year, maybe more, and that he was having the best time just
being away from work.  i was soooooo happy for him, that he took the
opportunity to drive from jacksonville florida to poduck south carolina
to get away from his work-a-day life, and to do that with us.  and now
i am soooooooo happy that he has sold the business and that he will be
an '05er...

pittsburgh