[at-l] Last-minute gear questions

Thanks, everyone.  I'm on the way to the outfitter, last-minute advice in hand. It's just nice to hear that I'm on track with most of my gear decisions.  I should have been clearer on a couple of questions, though--rain gear, for instance--I already have a great rain jacket.  I was just wondering about pants.  I have debated the Frogg Toggs, but I was just wondering if people thought basic coated nylon would do.  Again, I do realize that I can pick up anything I need at Neels Gap.

I will, though, based on your advice, pick up a headlamp--if I can't find an Aurora or a Tekka at the outfitter, I'll order one from Campmor and have my dad bring it.  I also think I will order the Pepsi-can stove.  Again, my dad can always bring it, and we can experiment with it together.  Then I can ditch the Apex if I feel comfortable when he leaves.  I'll be sick of carrying it by that point anyway.  :)

I had heard about the Tyvek but was just planning to use plastic bags.  It's nice to know other people do that too.  Can't a plastic shopping bag also be used to hang food?  Silnylon sacks seem like a nice-to-have rather than a have-to-have.  As does the Platypus.

Thanks again for your promptness, and the rule-of-thumb fuel and water recommendations.

See you all out there....

Melissa