[at-l] gaiters

I like the OR Rocky Mountain High gaiters (the pack cloth model). I have a
long calf and the pair I had prior to the ORs weren't tall enough. The tops
came just to the largest part of my calf and wouldn't stay up. The OR's
reach almost to my knee and stay up fine. They have grommets at the bottom
for the underfoot cord which does wear out. I just replaced it with a piece
of parachute cord. Being not-young and not-flexible I like the front Velcro
closure too. On my old gaiters, trying to fit together the ends of a
zipper, behind my heel, with elastic fighting my efforts to pull the two
sides together, while the top was flopping around, was not fun. There is a
hook (like the speed lace hooks on boots) on the front of the ORs that
hooks over your boot laces. You might want to put a small key ring on the
laces to attach it to so it doesn't wear the laces.