[at-l] gaiters

On 3/1/04 8:41 PM, "Jean-Paul Miller" <jeanpaul@fallentear.com> wrote:

> i am in the market for gaiters.

Do they need to be Goretex?? I have been using the OR flex-tex gaiters (I
think that's what they're called) for several years now. They are short
gaiters made of stretchy fabric that hug the top of the boot and ankle. The
breathe very well, and I have used them in snow as well as 3-season hiking.

My wife has a pair of new OR gaiters made of a breathable nylon (not
waterproof). They are full-length, have grommets (like the short gaiters I
mentioned above), and seem to be great for warm-weather hiking (or maybe
even very cold hiking, where the snow isn't going to melt through them.
Powder skiing, say.) I don't recall the model name.

Hope this helps.

Ken