[at-l] Shirtless .... was sleeve Weather

In a message dated 2/28/2004 7:46:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ARTCLOUTMN@aol.com writes:

>    I know you guys in NC and SC are dealing with the end of the snow storm.

Not so Art, not any more anyway.

I just got back from hiking Shuckstack, it was in the 70's, hot, sunny and
there was no snow from Thursday.  So I took my shirt off and tried to get a
little color.  Gorgeous views all around from the fire tower, but I'm beat.  After
a 4 hour ride this morning from Hot Springs, on the West side of the Park to
Fontana Dam, then four miles and 2400 feet up and then back down, I still had
a 2 hour ride home.

For what it's worth, I could only see what appeared to be just a little snow
left on the highest ridge of the Smokies.  Better hurry up while the weather's
good!!!!

Sly