[at-l] Emergency Kit.

In a message dated 2/29/04 11:42:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
stephensadams@hotmail.com writes:

> Belt &Pouch (Carry the following  with you):  Fire (Candles, Magnesium,
> Flint &Steel, Matches &Extra Striker);  Information (Medical Condition &
> Insurance Information, Name, Contact Name &Telephone Number);  Money (Cash,
> Credit Card Numbers);  Navigation (Compass, Flashlight, Pace Counter, Paper,
>
> Pencil);  Pocket Knife &Knife Sharpener, and;  Whistle.

Minus sharpener, money, pace counter, add foil survial bag, $1 poncho, water
bottle, mini first aide baggie, and some durable calories* - and this is what
I've lashed onto each of my kids (now 14, 10, and 9) on every trip into the
woods. The rule is they can't go anywhere without it.
*durable calories = homemade power bar type stuff. When I put in M&Ms or
cookies the kids will eat them on the sly.
TdadJ