[at-l] Benny Green's second AT attempt

In a message dated 2/28/2004 3:00:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wb4pan@mindspring.com writes:
Normally I almost never fall down. Maybe one good fall every 1000
miles.
I rarely fall as well.  Last summer, GPS mapping the Whites and because we
were in a bit of a hurry to cover the area while the weather was good, I fell
three times, which is a lot for me.  The first was on a slippery log bridge (I
forget the term for them) where my foot hit a mud patch and shot forward,
planting me on my posterior.  Second was heading up the steps of a bridge near
Zealand on an access trail because I was chasing down our ride (never run with a
full pack after someone who has an hour lead on you) and my foot missed the
step and my leg went down between the steps and banged up my leg pretty well.
The third was when I let go on the rock face coming off Wildcat (so maybe not
technically a fall) to avoid getting fried by lightning on the exposed rock face.

Other than that and a spectacular split on a deadfall on the Allegheny trail,
there haven't been any falls in several hundred miles of hiking.

Black&blue