[at-l] One year ago today

A year ago... Seems like yesterday Pack 31 stepped off Springer....

WhoAh

-----Original Message-----
From: at-l-bounces@backcountry.net [mailto:at-l-bounces@backcountry.net] On
Behalf Of Teresa
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 9:17 AM
To: AT-L
Subject: [at-l] One year ago today

It was a Friday.  All of my gear was packed, and I had a box full of items
that would either be too heavy for the trail, or not valuable on the trail:
jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, sneakers, hair brush, shampoo.  It was the
morning that I was to hike the Approach Trail, a tiny adventure to kick off
the Grand Adventure, which began the next day.  My parents were supposed to
drive me to Amicalola Falls SP, but yesterday morning, they had to leave me
in a hotel alone and drive to Illinois for a funeral.  My dad cried when
they left.  I was already cried out.  I was to leave the box, with
permission, at the front desk of the hotel, my parents would pick it up in 2
or 3 days when they passed through again.  Hotdog and Mrs. Hotdog were
giving me a ride to the Park.  I was nervous, but what could I do?  My ride
was arranged.  I had two people (Subman and Pringles) who planned to hike
the Approach Trail with me.  There was nowhere else for me to go, but to
follow the only path in front of me.  I was only slightly nervous, but
having no other options, accepted this beginning.  I wasn't sad.  I wasn't
scared.  It was time to go.  And I went.

Good luck, you 04s, and enjoy your walk.
:-)
Wench AT03