From: W F Thorneloe [mailto:thornel@attglobal.net]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 10:23 AM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] Gear used outside of hiking

Someone wrote of using a headlamp during work with a medical emergency,
with the non-hikes among her amazed at this strange but useful contraption.

I enjoy finding hiking gear that is small, light, fits into a Christmas
stocking and has urban use that girly-girls would use. Thus far, Photon
lights, Smartwool glove liners, Snowpeak titanium chopsticks, small down
pillows (great for driving or flying), Micras and such have gotten
reasonable reviews. The Photon lights were a boon during August's NYC
blackout - even if they were 5 years old.

I've threatened to get them headlights, but they have a thing about their
hair. I'd love to know if there is a headlamp which is both functional and
kind to hair fashion. Personally, I've found headlamps essential for any
work under my Beetle.

Have others found gear that crosses over into city from backpack?

OrangeBug