[at-l] Who am I...

In a message dated 2/27/04 07:11:57 Eastern Standard Time, yugrekih@yahoo.com
writes:

> So, now you know me...

Pittsburgh,  We know more about you but I don't feel that I know you yet.  I
hope that one day we will meet (RUCK, GATHERING, TRAIL DAYS, TRAIL, etc.) but
I am glad that you chimed in.

Regarding Slackpacking, I believe it was "Wingfoot" who said that it does not
matter what you carry on the trail but it is the miles walked from end to end
that counts.  Some will carry 50-70 pounds and some carry 12 and most of us
carry something in between.  The important thing is that we walk.

You have shown your leadership by your post, in that it takes responsiveness
to hiking issues by the more experienced, to make this list germane to the
issues for which it is provided.  There are those who come to this list with
little experience of "The Trail" and there are many who have tasted of the trail
and found satisfaction, sustenance, and self-sufficiency.  There may be those
who attend this list who have fears about the trail and yet feel an attraction
to a wilderness experience.  Many have gone out for a day or more and have
found it appealing to be among the natural. The animals, which grace the path and
which can be seen when quietness rules and allows their presence to emerge
are wondrous even if the larger mammals and poisonous snakes fill hearts with
dread.  The plants along the trail vary with the seasons and elevation and
latitude and bring delight as the berries become available for tasting and addition
to more mundane energy sources.  Each comes to this list with experiences of
their own and grow in knowledge and perception as the more experienced among
us share their knowledge.

Thank you for sharing a part of yourself with us.  Your self revelation
enables us to accept what you have to share more readily than if the words come
from the pen of a stranger.  As you realize there will be those of us who accept
your offerings readily and there will be some who will hold to a Missourian
stance (that state's motto being "Show Me").

I, for one, hope that you will share much of your experience with all of us
and engage in those "conversations" that cause knowledge to abound.

Skylander