[at-l] Who am I...

There are many of you on this list that do not know me.  Well, who am
I?  I've been on this list since '97.  Felix's infamous "beans, dogs,
rope" post was in response to one of my first posts.  I recall Wingfoot
was a lister at that time.  He had many many many disciples on this
list - that is until he broke off and started disrespecting them all.
I posted my entire '97 Slackpack Tour journal to this list.
Consequently, I was often the topic of discussion - I was a damn
stinking SLACKPACKER.  The "Slackpack Wars" were ongoing and often
contentious.  Jim Owen was on my sh*t list for his unforgiving views on
the subject, but then I met him at a RUCK, and all was okay.  I met
Felix in Hot Springs one year.  He's been a good buddy ever since.  I
met Kahley here on the list.  I wish her the best...

Over the years, my life has revolved around the trail.  Life has often
gotten in the way of the trail, but I have always come back.  I seem to
be an organizer.  Sometimes a good one, sometimes a bad one.  Slackpack
Tour, HATT hike, Slow Hikes, hiker feasts, many overnight or weekend
group hikes, the SORUCK.  I have over 3000 AT miles under my belt.
There are some chunks of the trail that remain unhiked for me,
including Katahdin, which I will do when the rest of the miles are
done...

I am doing maildrops for a couple of hikers this year - one an AT
section hiker - one a CDT hiker.  I am also shuttling hikers this year
- next Tuesday, a guy from the UK - next month, a guy and his wife that
have sold everything and are beginning the experience of their
lifetime.  Life is good for me right now.  I am making a successful
marriage, I am working hard to put food on the table, and I am getting
in enough trail stuff to feed my illness (the AT disease)...

A good bit of the discussions on this list are not related to hiking,
or they degenerate into OT bantering.  I often see hiking related posts
go unanswered.  Maybe I should answer them.  Maybe I should become an
active member of this list again, and only respond to posts concerning
hiking and the AT.  There is a novel idea, responding only to on-topic
hiking/AT posts.  Maybe I will give it a shot...

So, now you know me...

Pittsburgh, Barb (my bride), Ryan (my new 16-year-old son)