[at-l] Need dayhike suggestions in the DC area

I normally hike on and around the AT in Shenandoah, but I have a nasty
suspicion that there's still ice and snow on the trails up there.  Does
anybody
have pleasant suggestions for other hikes within about a 60 mile radius
of DC?
Or news that Shenandoah is snow-free?  I do have some hike books but I'm
trolling for hikes people have done that they've liked.

Thanks,

amy the snow wuss

PS On an unrelated note, I recently had occasion to wear my headlamp
during a midnight medical emergency at the horse farm.  Nobody else
there
had ever seen one before.  Non-hikers are weird.  :)